Sunday 10 May 2015

The Gallery of Vanishing Husbands by Natasha Solomons

Intriguing
Enigmatic

I loved this story.
I loved each characters mystery and quirks.
I loved Juliet's boldness in a world of expectations.
I loved her fascination with how people, things and places are ween through an artists eyes, with portraiture capturing ourselves and others.
I loved the talk of art and the urge of it under the skin of each artist or beholder.
I loved the secrets.
I loved that Juliet's father eventually realised that he was proud of her individuality.
I loved the sense of community and the sensation of feeling out of place, out of your depths, of not belonging - so human, so real and true.
I loved the pace of the story.
I love the title.
I love the friendships, the admiration they had for each other.
They remained true to themselves, not really trying to change just adventuring alongside the borders of new and different territories.

Beautifully inspiring.

No comments: