Sunday 10 May 2015

Love in Small Letters by Francesc Mirailles

This is one of the nicest books I've read in years,
absolutely loved it from start to finish!

The title caught my eye straight away and the chapter titles continued in style.
I would have devoured it straight if I hadn't started reading it aloud to my kids!

Very real and human.
It touched so many emotions and all the wonderful cultural references made it thought provoking and inspiring.
I loved these unusual and eccentric characters all amusing and attractive in their individual ways including Mishima who rubs his way through the legs of the story with impeccable timing.

Often I don't want a good book to end or I become nervous as the end approaches hoping it won't be disappointing but I must say that this is one of the best endings I've ever read.  I found it to be clever and satisfying, with a lovely completeness about it.

Will be reading again soon.

No comments: