Sunday 22 February 2015

THE VIBRANT KITCHEN by Anya Kassoff

This is a beautiful book, with wonderful photography and delicious recipes.
It has definitely inspired me and given me food for thought, however if I'm honest, I know that I would have difficulties getting to this level of amazing ness in my kitchen.  
I am surely capable but feel I wouldn't have time for much else.  
I know we all have busy lifestyles and as a casual teacher I may have more time on my hands than some.  
Even so, I tend to seek out recipes that have easy to find, simple ingredients, that are not too time consuming.
I love to take time in the kitchen occasionally experimenting and I sometimes feel guilty that our meals aren't always as wholesome as they could be, but many of these recipes require ingredients not available in my local area or lots of prep time, which isn't realistic during the week.
I realise it is a question of changing habits and getting into the swing of it, I've been vegetarian for over 20 years, so I understand the adaption process, but it seems so time consuming.
Nevertheless, we had fun testing out green juice, which my daughter actually liked and she is my fussy one!
There are a handful of recipes I will copy and try for sure.
Regardless of my umming and ahhing, the title is perfect, there is plenty of vibrancy in this book and I so admire anyone who can achieve such colourful, healthy eating daily.  I am quite envious!
My cooking enthusiasm has waned somewhat of late...

No comments: