Wednesday 18 February 2015

For the love of lists

FOR THE LOVE OF LISTS

Through creative writing I discovered The Pillow Book by Sei Shonagon, a beautiful collection of intimate writings by a Japanese woman of honour from the 11th century, made into a film by Peter Greenaway.
I can't remember if this was the beginning of my list writing, though I can say that I have written many since and find they are a wonderful tool for anyone who writes.

Here is a list of some of my list titles!

Places where I've slept
In my bag
Things I like (looking at the moon, tickling my children, feeling tall, cafe et croissants, learning, walking, staring into space, lazy days, exploring, public transport, reading, writing, paper)
Things I dislike
Addresses I've lived at
Favourite words
Or words that sound nice or feel good in my mouth
Things that are slow
Things that make me melt (inside and out) (soft spoken honey like voices, gentlemen, people who have their own style, creativity, the sound of the violin, people who make me laugh, sincerity and honesty, nature, accents)
Things to do while watching a sunset
Things I remember
Things I can't forget
Things worth listening to
Things that give me goosebumps
Things I'd like to do
Things that make me feel warm and squishy inside

I also love books written in different formats.  These two are kind of list like;

Life on the Refrigerator Door by Alice Kuipers
Something Beginning With...by Sarah Salway

No comments: