Sunday 21 February 2016

Review: Bush Studies: Text Classics

Bush Studies: Text Classics Bush Studies: Text Classics by Barbara Baynton
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This book of short stories has been sitting on my shelf for some years now. Introductions are peculiar things, sometimes I enjoy them and sometimes not. This one I found to be too long and didn't finish it because it was giving too much away.
I read the first two stories and found them hauntingly realistic but I couldn't manage to get into the others. I started each one and struggled either due to the written form of spoken language or lack of interest. I feel it was more a question of timing, I was simply not in the right mood, as the themes are powerful as is the authors own story. Definitely worth a look for anyone interested in Australian historical fiction.

View all my reviews

No comments: