Saturday 25 April 2015

CAIRO by Chris Womersley

Straight away my intuition was that there would be a tragic element at the end of all this.

I knew all along more or less what would happen, like when you witness something but are powerless or prevented from speaking or warning.  

There was a real cringe factor.  Youth, naïveté , denial, deception...all so blatantly obvious.
The cruel self interested games of manipulation people play.
So sad.
Could have been worse for Tom.

I enjoyed it without loving it.
Liked the familiar streetscapes.

Some small relief with the present? Left behind by sally.
I couldn't think of anything worse than going away with those disjointed couples.
Perhaps the experience wisened him up, one would hope it woke him up to the importance of doing your own thing, being your own person.
I felt uncomfortable because I recognised my own naive self.


No comments: