Friday 2 May 2014

30x30

I have signed up for the David Suzuki Foundation 30x30 challenge in aim of spending 30 minutes outside everyday for the month of May.
I started a day early out in the Warrumbungle National Park by checking out a nature trail for next weeks teddy bear's picnic excursion.  Luck shined upon me last year when I became a casual teacher at the Warrumbungle Environmental Education Centre.  Amazing work environment, amazing co-workers!  
All the elements were present and I indulged in some big rock energy meditation.  While the creek trickled a little tune, I breathed in earthy fragrances and watched the rain ripples make infinity circles on the pond surfaces.
On the drive home, I did something that I always mean to do but never do...I stopped to pick wild flowers on the side of the road!
Incredibly, I inspired Artemis and Armand to enjoy the afternoon sun on the front verandah, which turned into rolling on the grass with Bella, target practice on the kids with a giant nerf gun, plant pruning, poop patrol, phone calls and reading in the hammock!
All that before day#1!

Photos pending...

Day#1
Somewhat simpler but no less agreeable...a cup of tea and some bibliotherapy on our north facing front verandah in the autumn morning sun, chat with neighbour included.
Lovely.

No comments: